Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by CRS

After messing around with ---the odd rim size,--- various throat lengths, ---differing twists,--- pressures.

I came to my Looney senses and realized I was messing with all the 6.5 oddities when I already had a perfectly good cartridge in my safe.

I can easily load my 270 to achieve the soft recoil of the Swede with matching ballistics

I'm on the threshold of "it ain't worth the effort"....too,
with a 270, I'm already there.

Jerry

That is exactly where my brain is these days. In these recent years of tough to find components, I have never failed to find 270 everything from rifles to brass to bullets and so on. As I get older I just don't enjoy waiting on gunsmiths and chasing down this and that and cluttering up my head with all the hooha. Just want to go with simplicity and spend more time in the rain and mud and forrests. My best friend from back in grade school hunted the past fifty years with nothing but a 7mm rem mag and actually has very little interest in anything close to rifle looneyism. Just shot that one rifle and stacked up the critters.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.