Cripes....... cry

I need to tell those pronghorns and mule deer I've killed at 350-400 yards with a top of back hold, how terrible the 270 is when it comes to PBR.

Maybe a coyote or three and a train full of varmints as well.

Without even looking at a ballistics table I bet there is nothing in 6.5x55 that is as good at MPBR as a 270-130-3100. Provided the nut behind the bolt zeroes correctly.

You want to hamstring the thing with a 200 yard zero and tell me it sucks....be my guest. But I zero it 3" high at 100, 3.5"+ at 200, 2.5" low at 300, and 12"-14" low at 400 yards,depending on bullet and actual velocity.

If you know what you are doing with it solid chest hits are easy to 400 yards and to 500 yards where it is down about 30". For those interested that is about at the bottom duplex of a 6X Leupold.

On a mature full grown bull elk I will still be holding on hair at the 400 yard mark. If you know your trajectory and the vital size of your game, this is easy stuff.

I know this because i have killed at those distances with it.I have seen a considerable number of bucks killed with the 130 gr load out around the 400 yard marker.

The 130-270 load does not suck at those distances. The only better hammer I know of is a 7 Rem Mag and cartridges giving similar velocity.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.