Not to throw you a wrench in the thinking Gunner but per Don Zutz, he made a reference to the 6.5x55 using 129 Hornady SPs, would do more radial damage on deer than a 270/130gr.

NOW, that does not by itself prove anything, as BULLET choice matters, and also the variable such as what the bullet hit, impact speed, etc.

I just wanted to point that out as Mr. Zutz in some pages on the 6.5x55 made a point to reference a deer kill w/it vs. a 270.

Again, as most all here know, it's the bullet that hits the deer, headstamps are irrelevant by itself.

SO, that said, I would expect a 130 partition at 3100 from a 270, to do more damage than a 140 PT at 2700 from a Swede, ALL ELSE Equal.

I may be wrong, but on soft tissue that's my thinking. It's not to say the 140 Swede is not going to penetrate as much or more w/higher SD, as often slower speeds enhance penetration due to smaller frontal area resulting from less expansion.

Also, you get secondary shrapnel from bone, etc. when bullets penetrate well, and say straight line penetration thru shoulders and the like.

SO Many variables, but suffice to say in the end, BOTH are great killers, regardless of whatever differences they have - dead is dead and Enough game has dropped DRT or close to it, to prove both rounds highly effective.