Scratching my head:

The Ultimate trumps Perfect.... smile

Well if it's Perfect....and I'm not disagreeing...Lol.

As interesting as this thread is, I wonder in Europe, how often people grab a 270 vs. Swede given the plethora of rifles/factory ammo? Might be alot different than here in the states for the average Joe.

As sexy as modern short fat sharp shouldered rounds appear, there is little debate as to how slick feeding the old Swede and JOC runs thru mag fed rifles.

Bobin, had many a fine rifles...miss the M70 SS/FWT and K1A Rugers that moved on...both nice wood, both well under Moa, both Swedes that had less snap than a 270, but enough to know it meant business.

Now Winchester has this thing called an 1885 Low Wall....ahh forget it I'm tapped out! Lol.

Bobin, you must be a little further along the pendulum than I am, not QUITE there yet to settle on one rifle/round/load combo...oh, and optic! With Double the posts I have, you have BTDT more times over I am sure.

Good choice. I might get there someday...until then, I am going to have fun playing! Ha. We will both eat well I am sure when we have the opportunity to do our part smile

BTW, as much as I like #1 Rugers, and in 6.5x55 and 7x57, I do see a nice place for a 1A or AB in 270. Lest I ever get too bored to roll my own ammo. It'd be a good 'compromise' - ya know .277 sandwiched either side a .264 and .284...

Maybe by then Zeiss will make that new 6x42 Conquest to replace the 4x32 I had on my Swede....

Bobin, that might be your tag line w/a minor mod:

I just load up a 1303100 - and "Let's Eat!" smile