Originally Posted by Stevil
Hey bobin ive had 3 x 6.5x55s 2 x 260s and 2 x 270s. Ive shot probably a 500 or 600 critters with em. I know what works and what doesnt

The 6.5 Swede just does it in my books, none of the 270 fuss.

Stevil: Are you telling me the 270 does not work? Doesn't kill/ How is it so different?

2 270's? That's a good start. So lie I guessed you haven't really burnt any out have you?

What does "none of the 270 fuss" mean? Bullets bounce off? Animals shrug off hits and you lose them as they wander off? No wound channels? Don't fall down after a lung hit?

Do you load a 6.5 with something other than powder and bullets? Is that part of the "fuss"?

What is it?

Can you see a visible difference on impact,damage, etc?

The 6.5 breaks heavy bone better while the 270 breaks up with equal hits? 270bullets disintegrate on the way to the target?

Im trying to understand how you see such a dramatic difference between two such closely matched cartridges,when your experience with a 270 flies in the face of so many others who have no problem with it and have killed game on this and other continents.

I mean I know people who have killed a few grizzly/brown bear with the cartridge.
Other people reading this have killed a few hundred head of African game from eland on down with a 270. What do you tell them to explain the mystical differences between a 6.5x55 and a 270 killing animals?

I find this pretty curious. Frankly I think it' s a BOS.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.