Originally Posted by Stevil
nuthin like facts Shod,

Ive had 270's and the blasty things do the Job but the Swede just does it a bit easy both on the ears and the shoulder. Throw in the nice taper on the case n extraction and feeding gives it the edge of the 270.

C'mon....seriously? smile

The 270 tapers nicely and feeds like butter from Mausers and M70's and about anything else and has similar "taper" for extraction purposes. There is no 6.5 "advantage" there.

As to everyone getting weak in the knees over "efficiency" , I always looked back over my shoulder at the "efficiency" mavens and their creations. The flaw was always the more "efficient" I got, the slower I was going,expressed as percentages, like this unto itself was some kind of virtue that I didn't give a hang about in a hunting cartridge.

Followed to its illogical conclusions, "efficiency" saved me powder, which I didn't give a hang about, but cost me velocity,and I cared about that (within reason). Give me the case with the powder capacity to deliver the velocity.

The recoil of a 270 Winchester is trifling. It wasn't designed by some "committee" to be a military round; it was designed to kill animals.

It has wiped the floor with its competitors here and elsewhere....even in Africa.How'd that happen? confused

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.