Woods yardage and falls flat on it's face can be interpreted in many ways. MV, BC, and POA all matter. If only to learn what you need to do to converge into vitals.

IDK, seems the 55 has more speed than the 47 which I currently run, and GSSP on here - dumped an elk at a gnat's azz shy of 1,000 yds. I think when you crowd 400 yds or more, one needs to have the optics, skill, and range time to drop one in the vitals. Alan practiced alot...same reason why when my furthest deer kill stepped out at 400 yds, I was like geesh, this is going to be a chip shot. Why? Because I had been popping steel at 415 quite often recently and knew where to hold my mil-dot on my 6BR.

2850 sure does not impress one with paper stats, but what's on the receiving end disagreed. Double lunged, golf-ball sized exit...using an A-max 105 was all it took. Blood trail even though I watched it stumble and fall in 25 yards or less, which is a third the distance a deer I took at 80 yds ran after hit with a 130 Ballistic Tip (.277 diameter) at 3,100+ mv. Most folks would scoff at 28.5 gr of powder behind a mini-max wink Good thing game can't read.

IDK, for me, I get an itch, learn it, and scratch it, and it's all fun in the name of R&D. Never Not killed when using something I have been spending time with at the range.

Preparation determines Success.