Finally got to throw a leg over a bicycle today, and spend the day on it.

I'm out of shape, compared to 2014, and was huffing and wheezing and suffering leg cramps at times. A whole lot hillier over much of it than my last epic ride, Hey never let ANYONE try to tell you you don't need uber-low gearing for stuff like this, that 20 tooth granny I had to send away for plus that 13-36 cassette in back allowed me to stay on board instead of getting off and walking.

So 65 miles today, Blackpool to Ambleside via Lancaster, Kendall and Windermere. Ambleside being at the north end of that famous (over here) body of water.

Gonna try and head for the old Roman Forts/Hadrian's Wall around Haltwhistle tomorrow. Only fifty miles but incorporates two serious 1,500 to 2,000 foot climbs over passes on just Day 2 which is like the pits when you are worn out from the unaccustomed mileage on a Day 1.

I'll see how it goes.

No time just now to post pics, dunno when for sure when I'll be back online.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744