Irish car security system, Kinvara...

[Linked Image]

Braveheart IIRC was mostly filmed in Ireland, this here is west of Kinvara, looks like the tower Mel jumps his horse out of in that highly improbable scene.

[Linked Image]

Hillside in the Burrens, County Clare. West Coast of Ireland, traditional refuge of fugutives from the English.

During counter-guerrilla operations in Burren in 1651-52, Edmund Ludlow stated, "(Burren) is a country where there is not enough water to drown a man, wood enough to hang one, nor earth enough to bury him...... and yet their cattle are very fat; for the grass growing in turfs of earth, of two or three foot square, that lie between the rocks, which are of limestone, is very sweet and nourishing."

[Linked Image]

The coast west of Ballyvaughan. I was talking to a couple guys fishing here, waiting for the annual mackerel run where they will hit virtually any bait. I asked them what they were catching, "F--k all" they replied (local vernacular for "nothing"), turns out the mackerel weren't in yet.

I asked them if you know the mackerel were in by the seabirds, "f--k the birds" they said, "look for all the people." grin

[Linked Image]

My home fer a month and a bit, here pitched at Doolin at the Cliffs of Moher, behind a wall to shelter from the wind. I gotta say that that thin REI Quarterdome did alright, kept me reasonably dry even in Ireland where ya pitch in the rain, sleep through the rain and put everything up in the rain the next day.

[Linked Image]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744