Leaving the cliffs, "Pat Sweeney's View" according to a plaque, and someone had put up a flag commemorating the centennial of Independence.

[Linked Image]

Doolin is a pleasant little tourist mecca, a laid back place with lots of younger folk, and many languages flying around. This Austrian Redneck was also at the campground, said he had just got done driving around Morocco. I thought the van was cool, prob'ly gets crappy mileage tho....

[Linked Image]

When I rolled into Doolin I seen a pub and my first thought was "Huh, another of them fake Irish Pubs".... until I remembered where I was grin

I gotta say, in Ireland, all this Irish stuff is practiced with serious intent, it ain't like they're putting it on for tourists. Scene from the pub in the evening, three guys putting out Irish tunes...

[Linked Image]

...and since I got room fer it here, my favorite Cliffs of Moher photo, that taller rocky spire down there was 2 or 300 feet tall...

[Linked Image]

The next day, cutting inland and running south of Doolin towards Ennis. Like I might have said elsewhere, away from the notably scenic spots Ireland to my mind recalls Upstate New York...

[Linked Image]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744