Day 6: One escapes Glasgow heading west by picking up the Forth and Clyde Canal, a national treasure that crosses from the east coast all the way to the west.

[Linked Image]

The canal ends at the mouth of the Levern, which originates in Loch Lomond, you follow it upstream, startlingly quiet for a place immediately adjacent to a metroplex of two million people...

[Linked Image]

Fishing for salmon, and sea trout, with plain ol' worms...

[Linked Image]

Loch Lomond is pretty long, it was formed by glaciers, about like the Finger Lakes in Upstate New York. In fact the post-glacial terrain of much of Scotland and Ireland has me having Upstate New York flashbacks the whole time.

Top end of Loch Lomond on Day 7, right before I climbed the pass to the west to get to Argyll proper and the Kintyre Peninsula...

[Linked Image]

Memory escapes me but I believe this was the next loch over, no more than a couple of miles to the west of Loch Lomond, which name escapes me just now, like Loch Lomond it runs north and south.

[Linked Image]

That's it fer now....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744