Thank you gentlemen for reading.

Doolin and the Cliffs of Moher...

This guy rated a 'Beware of the Bull' sign, tho' I suspect he was waiting for handouts from passing tourists...

[Linked Image]

The Cliffs from the ocean side, 700 ft tall (213 m) at O'Brien's Tower (that three-storey tower being the tiny nub on the top in the photo). Sir Cornelius O'Brien who as local lore put it "built everything here but the cliffs" musta been a ladies' man, as it was said he built the tower to impress the women he was chasing.

I'll 'fess up, my own motivation for being on the boat was the seabird colonies.

[Linked Image]

I already posted some clifftop pics a couple of pages back, but here's another. A peregrine falcon sailed leisurely by at eye level right after I took this photo...

[Linked Image]

Strong winds and raining when I hiked the cliffs late in the day, on the way I came across this small monument, looked like a birdbath from a distance, or maybe a sundial.

[Linked Image]

I gotta say that trail was all about falling: There was a Suicide Help Line number posted at the trail head, apparently folks fall off fairly reg'lar voluntary or otherwise, and the times in all that wind and rain where the trail was washed out and you had to use your hands as well as feet to negotiate the edge I was repeating a mantra inside my head "I will not fall of this f--king cliff", "I will not fall off this f--king cliff" (I think I was picking up on the local vernacular grin) .

Well,according to the plaque at the base of that little monument, two people fell while rappelling...

[Linked Image]

The irony in the name of course obvious.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744