Change in plans, hostelling it at Inveraray tonight, then two days to cover the 88 miles to the Campbeltown Ferry down the Kintyre Peninsula.

Scotland rocks.

Scotland has two kinds of weather; raining and about to rain, all courtesy of the Gulf Stream. Gives insight as to why Highlanders clung to edged weaponry so long; I'd have problems getting a flinter to go off too.

If you're good with 60F - 40F weather you'll like it here.

Currently I'm staying over at Inveraray, the tradional home of the Cambells and the Dukes of Argyl, towards the top end of the 40 mile long sea Loch Fyne. Friggin' beautiful as applies to most of Scotland.

...and strangely tropical. Due to the Gulf Stream and topography this area is less likely to freeze, and is home to a number of noted public gardens featuring some tropical plants.

The Highlands are not as steep or as forbidding as some mountains in the US, the weather is moderate, never extreme cold or heat

Coulda booked the Campbeltown ferry for Friday but I don't mind staying an extra day, I could easy spend the whole month in Scotland but I still got Ireland, Normandy and back up England on the table.

Will try and catch up on pics today.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744