A day that started so pretty ended in Glasgow.

As an Irish person said here this evening "like Ulster with knives instead of guns", Catholic vs. Prod, tribal. Used to be the murder capital of Europe, but things have quieted of late.

I was lost there for three hours trying to follow the little "Bike Route" signs. Actually those signs only work if you're navigating by app, something I figured out three hours into it.

So... Glasgow pics.....

I dunno who first had the idea of concentrating the lower-income into hi-rises, here's some, the international "stay away from this area" warning signs, River Clyde in the foreground...

[Linked Image]

...and the bike route signs, that lead you through all sorts of neighborhoods.... and then just leave you there....

[Linked Image]

I thought the spiral orientation of the bricks inside this old arch was interesting...

[Linked Image]

6:30pm and raining, and for all I knew another three hours to get out of the west side of the city. To me on a bicycle Glasgow was like Houston is to a driver; a chaotic jumble of neighborhoods, upscale and downscale. Turns out Lock Lomond was just twenty miles away. Not realizing that, I cut my losses and checked into a hotel downtown....

[Linked Image]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744