We could argue the accuracy thing all day. I feel there are other guns that shoot just as well. They aren't god's gift to accuracy like some think. Either that or I have just gotten lucky with my bolt guns as far as accuracy goes. I have had 700s, CZs, Savages, Vanguards, Rugers, etc. that all shot exceptionally well.

But again, never once have I said Tikkas don't shoot well. Never. Or said that they don't work well. Meaning I don't need to see pics of groups shot or critters killed with Tikkas. But they are not the only rifles capable of such feats. Nor close.

My problem is mainly with what you get for your money. Other than barrel and trigger, corners have obviously been cut everywhere else. They have plastic shroud/magazine/stock/trigger guard. 2 Piece bolt. They come in one action length and utilize a bolt stop. They have an enclosed port, they have an absolute joke of a "recoil lug", rings suck as does mounting systems/options, stock, and customer service. And replacement parts are ridiculously priced for what they are.

The same guys who brag about how great they are out of the box, are the ones who replace recoil lugs, rings, and shrouds. Lol. Making an already over priced rifle even more so.

All this adds up to a rifle that does not interest me in the least. I am sorry but there is no way I can justify Tikka prices in my mind, given the individual parts. They have to be making a TON of money on these things, cuz I guarantee they can't cost any more to produce than rifles that sell for less. Rifles that give you metal where Tikka gives you plastic. And come in more than one action length. And that allow decent scope mounting/rings.

I feel these are legitimate reasons, Facts, not opinions. At the very least, they are legitimate enough to make some not buy them, and make Tikka make some changes in their designs/materials/offerings.

They just are not for me. Too many nicer looking rifles out there that are made of better quality parts, than for me to waste my time with a half baked, over priced, over hyped, cost cutter rifle made by an overseas company who seems to not care if you are happy or not, as long as they get paid.

You all can like them though wink