I replace the factory screws with a harder screws purchased from Ace Hardware, it is less than $2 to replace all 6 of them.
I have often wondered if they do not deliberately use a softer screw to lessen the chance of folks over tightening them and stripping the threads in the rings.

I have never had a problem with the factory rings but the largest caliber I have is a 308,however I know T-3 owners of 7 Rem mag and 300 WSM and they have not had issues either.

I owned three Tikka 595's prior to purchasing my first T-3, they were traditional blued, wood rifles and all shot as well as the T-3's but they were also considerably heavier. For a hunting rifle I prefer the T-3 stainless/synthetic but that is just me.

I purchased my first T-3 in their first year of introduction (2002 ?) and have come to appreciate them for the simplicity of having to do nothing more then adjusting the trigger to my desired weight of pull and mounting a scope. Every Tikka I have owned has been at, or near, half-inch groups for 5 shots with the only thing being done to them is to lower the trigger weight of pull to 2#, which takes less than 5 minutes total time.

As far as changing out bolt shrouds, recoil lugs, or breaking any of the plastic parts - not in my experience.

Easy bolt take-down, bolt locks down when safety is engaged. As far as not being able to top off the magazine without removing it - is that really an issue? If it is then simply carry a spare loaded magazine.

If you want to change a shroud, replace a bolt handle, or a recoil lug they are available and can easily be done by the tinkerer rather than having to have special tools or a gunsmith do it. I suspect that the main reason for most changes is simply that the folks who frequent the 'fire are more apt to simply have to change things.

I own other rifles including Rem 700's, Win 70's and Cooper's but I could easily get by with nothing more than an out of the box T-3.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.