Castle Rock,

Am using a 6x38 Weaver, one of the best bargains in "affordable" scopes around.

One thing I've noticed about scope rings is many people somehow place more faith in rings attached to bases connected to the action with tiny screws, rather than rings connecting directly (and with far more contact) to the action. This doesn't just apply to Tikkas but several other brands. Have had excellent luck with direct-connecting rings on Brnos, CZ's, Rugers and several other rifles I'm forgetting right now.

I chose a .260 because of not shooting one for a while, and already having a couple of 6.5x55's. Because of my job, I must periodically retry various cartridges because of new bullets and, especially, powders, and I hadn't fooled with a .260 in several years. (There are several other 6.5's in the house, ranging from a 6.5 Mannlicher-Schoenauer to a 26 Nosler.)

Can't remember exactly where I ordered it now, but got 100 Lapua cases for a very decent price. Am sure Lapua .308's would work, though you might (but probably not) have to outside-turn the necks a little. I used Lapua .243 brass in my first .260, many years ago, but Lapua didn't offer .260's back then.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck