Originally Posted by BeanMan
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
We could argue the accuracy thing all day. I feel there are other guns that shoot just as well. They aren't god's gift to accuracy like some think. Either that or I have just gotten lucky with my bolt guns as far as accuracy goes. I have had 700s, CZs, Savages, Vanguards, Rugers, etc. that all shot exceptionally well.

You should replace the rings with DNZ or something better. So far I have yet to break any of the other cheap things you talk about. You can buy an aftermarket aluminum bolt shroud if you think it is important, I haven't fallen off any cliffs yet so mine hasn't been broken. I like the two tikka's I have but I am on the prowl for a Sako Vixen which should satsfy my desire for a pretty rifle which also shoots well.

Good thing there are many brands to choose from huh?

Won't be of use to you but when I was down in Ararat Victoria last week I wandered into a local sports store and they had a Sako L461 with original heavy barrel and wide fore-end stock in .222 Remington for au $1100.00...the kicker is they also had a couple of hundred factory loaded Sako 222 rounds from the same fellow...I could only see about 30 fired cases, the rest were still factory loads.

Someone is going to get a screaming deal as that is an au $1800.00 rifle any day of the week here.

ps, the store personnel weren't really forearms literate but they were very easy to deal with and did their level best to help.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.