Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I've seen far more broken parts and replacement parts installed on Remingtons...

I feel I have owned more 700s than most. And I have not had problems. I would say so if I did. One broken extractor, and a $hitty sticky gummy bear of a recoil pad are about it.

The newer triggers now suck, thanks to DIYs who should never touch a trigger.

I feel 700s are a bad comparison. I would take any part of a 700 over any part of a Tikka, except the trigger. Barrels being about equal.

And far more replacement parts are available. But most are not needed, just wanted.

When one rifle has millions in circulation, has outsold the other by a HUGE margin in the U.S., it would only go to reason that one would see more problems with the brand that sells way more rifles. But again, the 700 design is a very durable one overall. It is the number one choice of cops and military for a reason, It is the best selling bolt action for a reason. It is the most copied action by custom makers for a reason. It is the most built upon factory action for a reason. It is at best, a poor comparison for a Tikka. This isn't me being a fanboy. I own plenty of other brands. But everything in this paragraph is a fact, like it or not. I have not had any troubles getting a 700 to shoot well. Ever. But I haven't had trouble with a lot of brands.

I am not sure why Glocks come up in regards to Tikka comparisons. Other than having a good amount of plastic, what else is there to compare?

You and I can agree to disagree about new Remington rifles as well...that is another I refuse to own.

Absolutely no problems with 80's and earlier rifles though (apart from the earliest 17s, and the earliest 40x that were machined before heat treat).

Damn I fit right in here...I am an opinionated old prick.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.