To the OP:

If the asthetics of the rifle are fine with you, you'll most likely like the rifle. I think most of the complaints are about things that really don't affect function to any reasonable extent. In the most important areas to me, (good accuracy with a majority of loads, reliability, and durability) I've found the Tikka is hard to beat. I've had and have a lot of different rifles, but the Tikka SL 30-06 has become my go-to, hands down. They're great out-of-the-box user rifles that generally don't have to be tinkered with and I don't worry about keeping "nice" when hunting in places that are tough on "pretty" rifles, which is pretty much the norm where I am.

As an aside, they're also the only rifles I've loaded for (four different Tikkas for myself and others) that would consistently shoot 30 cal. 150 E-Tips sub MOA, and that was with a load work up of exactly one load. I've worked with that bullet in at least five other rifles with a lot of different loads, and never got consistent results from it in any single rifle, let alone four rifles with one load.