I am certainly not brand loyal but take each brand on their merits.

For decades the Rem 700 was the default rifle used to test and hunt many calibers. Back in the day these 700's generally shot well with a few that shot exceptionally well and a couple that wouldn't shoot at all.

In my opinion the 700 is probably the safest design but is a manufacturing nightmare if it is to run with a T3.

Gunsmiths love this because they get to install/tune triggers, square bolt faces, bush bolts, true actions, replace barrels, ensure that the action is square with the recoil lug on one side and ensure the recoil lug is square with barrel on the other. A Rem 700 that is 'blueprinted' is a fine piece of design and engineering. The cost will be high.

This high cost to make it right makes it noncompetitive in the market place. Remington's answer to competition is to rely on the equity generated by decades of good quality control and tight manufacturing specifications.

To be competitive today means something must give and that is the opening up tolerances that at one time would have never left the factory.

The Tikka T3 is a well thought out platform that hits a decent price point that competes with the 700.

However, the performance and quality control can not be matched by a modern 700 at that price point.

I no longer have any 700's, they have been replaced by Sako's and Tikka's. Sako's are hunting tools and the Tikka's are for targets and varmints.

Some say the Tikka's are cheap, the recoil lug is of particular concern, it is a 'return to battery system'designed for function and easy manufacture, the bolt handle in a dovetail slot makes for easy handle replacement if one is looking for a tactical type handle, the magazines are tougher than steel, the actions are square with the barrel, the 'tupperware' stock is very stiff, the triggers are excellent as is for hunting and a Yodave spring transforms it into a target grade trigger, and the barrels in the Varmint weight are on par with anything the aftermarket can come up with, the sporter barrels are not to shabby as well.

The Tikka Tactical in 300WM with a YoDave spring is a <0.4 MOA rig out to 1000+ Yards.
The 223 Rem in a Tikka Varmint with a YoDave spring kills rattle cans at 550 yards with ease.

Also, I have two T3's rebarreled to 6 Dasher, excellent shooters with out spending hundreds of $$$ on making it right.

My decisions are made on performance and cost. Fully understand that some don't like them for aesthetic reasons but then one could default to a Kimber......another excellent piece with a little work.