Originally Posted by gunner500
I don't like them, hunting is fun but can get very serious, jack-fuggin around with guns, alcohol [after the hunt] and spooled up emotions present is not a good idea.

Leave the damn jokes for the house.

You've got to know your audience but I agree about leaving guns and alcohol out of it.

We used to hide the bucks we'd kill from each other, and let the other guy stumble over 'em. Once I got a nice one and stashed it with the firewood under the tarp. My bud got back to camp and asked if I'd seen any and of course, I said "no, why don't you grab a couple logs for the fire?"

This wasn't really a joke, but it was funny as hell. I was hunting with a bud and we each had our own tent. I got up in the middle of the night to take a piss and there was a skunk messing with our dirty dinner dishes by the fire pit. So I started lobbing pieces of firewood at it to chase it away, I guess it made quite the racket. It ran off, so I took a leak and once it got quiet I heard my buddy say in a real tentative voice "....is that you?" When I said yes, he came flying out of the tent, said "you scared the sh** out of me, I thought it was deliverance all over again!" I laughed until I cried.

A wise man is frequently humbled.