Several years ago my buddy and I were Elk hunting and noticed a lot of Elk “sign” and had an idea for a practical joke to play during the next years deer hunt in California. I bought a box of junior mints for the upcoming prank. My buddy and I and his wife were out hunting and I noticed a pile of fresh deer “sign”. I palmed a couple of mints and faked picking up some of the deer sign and placed a mint in my mouth and stated that I thought the sign had been placed earlier that morning and was piping hot. His wife told me where to go as she was not falling for that stunt. Later their 12 year old son joined us and while the wife was not in the vicinity I pulled the same trick only this time my buddy asked for some of the sign and he proceeded to disagree with me and told me it was much fresher. The look on his son’s face was priceless as he was horrified and thought surely we had gone completely bonkers. My buddy fessed up right away as he did not want to harm his son’s psyche. His son is now in his 30’s and that is one of his favorite memories of the hunt.