I took my grandkids, an 8 year old boy and a 10 year old girl hiking last summer. They weren't paying much attention to me where we stopped for a little break. I opened a big bag of peanut M&Ms and found a nice handful of the dark brown ones and arraigned them with the "M"s down. When they came back and we started our hike again, we went a little ways and I pointed the pile out and said "look an elk was here". I picked some up and sniffed it and said, "it's pretty fresh too," I tossed a few in my mouth and started chewing it up and said, "It was a big 'ol bull elk too". You had to see the looks on their faces right then to appreciate the joke. I couldn't help it, I lost my straight face and burst out laughing. I gave them the rest of the M&Ms in the bag and picked up the brown ones for myself. Paige told me, "Grandpa, I almost threw up", but she still was laughing too. Their new joke on me, is whenever they see a turd of any kind along the trail, they say, "Hey Grandpa, what do these kind taste like"? 😊

[Linked Image]