best and longest running prank was from a bowhunt. Three of us made a bet that who killed the biggest buck had to buy supper on the 18 hr trip back. My buddy accidently shot a button buck just at dark and we rode him hard. We fell over laughing and said we would pass on a booner just so he could win now. My mother later that night as we were all watching TV, told him that "he should really let the little ones grow up" and all he could do was spit and sputter. He said she was cruel as she knew he could not say anything as he was in her house. We started calling him "Buttons" on the trip back and he got so mad he would not talk to us and he was always the first to rib someone else and give them grief. Only time in his life he did not talk for 18 hours. He had also taken the head and buried it in a field right next to where we process the deer after he dressed it as he knew we were going to have it mounted and presented at the annual awards banquet for a Sportsmand club.

Fast forward three years, two of us drove back to MO again with his stands and bow and he flew out. When he arrived my brother jumped his case about burying deer heads in the field and letting them "grow" to and puncturing tractor tires. He had planted an 8 point rack in the ground about half buried and walked him to it and showed him. When he got to his stand (same one he shot buttons out of) later, he found a framed picture hanging on his stand of Buttons and this title "Here lies Buttons shot by that dirty rotten bastard XXXX. Signed the deer." He caught hell again all that week and is still known as Buttons.

Last edited by BountyHunter; 04/24/17.