When I was a teenager I hunted in a typical Georgia deer camp. you have several types of guys that are in every camp. In our camp you had the brother of the president who had stands in every patch of woods around. He spent the whole season trying to kill the buck others seen by positioning himself in one of his stands closest to where ever a deer was seen. One morning my friend Ralph saw a nice buck running along the ridge above the main creek. As he told the story I see the president's brother paying close attention. I immediately got in my truck and drove down to the creek. Knowing where he would be hunting the next morning, I went in and removed all of the victim's bright eye trail markers that lead to his stand and placed them in a big circle. The next day at lunch the said victim arrives in camp at lunch and says that he got lost going to his stand that morning. Only to find himself 40 yards from his truck come daylight.
The next fellow was the guy that knows every deer on the lease by name and likes giving advice on how to kill each deer. But he rarely ever kills one himself. One evening after an unsuccessful hunt. my partner and I got an idea. Knowing that Natiebumpo was leaving, we strapped a set of rattling antlers to a leather boot and positioned it even with the back door window of my buddies Bronco. When Natiebumpo approached the back end of our vehicle while driving out. We saw him hit his brights, knowing he had seen the back of our "trophy bucks" head. We rolled up the electric rear window ,speed up and away. The next day the President of the club called me and asked me if we had any luck the day before. I said "nope"!
The ever popular making giant buck sign near someones stand to keep them from wandering is always a fun one. It also tells you who will share their finding with the guys who say nothing.
The guys I hunt with all have a light heart and are there to have fun. We hunt hard but it is the laughs that we have on each others expense that make the memories. We all have nick names for each other, usually spun out of a practical joke, If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Reading some of yall's disdain for practical jokes makes me think. Gee's these guys need to lighten up. You would not last long around my crew.

Last edited by 348winchester; 04/23/17.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.