Originally Posted by Live2hunt941
Shots would be 125yrds max where it would be hunted and would be using a 60gr bullet minimum opinions wanted.

Shouldn't be a problem. I prefer bigger bullets but the year I only had a .22-250, I ate venison. Main thing, IMHO, is to stick with head shots or heart / lung shots rather than trying to break shoulders etc which are easy with an '06 and 180s but a bit much to ask of a .22 with 60s.

Watch your twist. 60 grain bullets in a 1-14" twist .. some will probably stabilize, many will not. Best chance of stability will be with a flat base bullet with exposed lead like the Hornady 60 grain soft point. Longer bullets ... boat tails, partitions, hollow points, and polymer tipped bullets ... are less likely to stabilize. If you've got a 1-12" or faster twist then they all should work. The year I used the .22-250, we could still buy the 55 grain Trophy Bonded Bear Claw and they were MOA-accurate in my worn out Remington 700 LVSF.

I've seen the 64 grain WW power point bullets and 63 grain Sierra semi-spitzers stabilize in barrels that would not stabilize the longer, pointier 60s, so those are worth consideration as well.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...