I have read so many reports on the 22 cal. bullets that I am convinced they are a better deer caliber than the larger calibers. There is something about how the bullet enters the body and just turns the insides out and kills from shock and tissue damage. The reason I am bringing up this old thread is cause I believe the day is coming that we will face enough reloading shortages that it will all but force us to use less components. No one that thinks a .223 Rem is too small thinks a 30-06 is too small for a 800? lb moose. If an 06 is big enough for a moose , a .223 rem is big enough for a 200lb. deer. In just 5 yrs. we saw a box deer ammo go from $18 a box to $30 a box. In 10 yrs the .270 WIn/ 30-06 ammo will be $50. Gun powder will almost surely be $70 lb. , cases being copper and zink will be more and primers will be $15 /100. I think the .223 Rem, with small rifle primers , 25 gr powder is going to be a more popular big game cartridge.. Heck , the day may come when we can't even find large rifle primers. I dont need any , but have not seen them in over a year neither. I went from a .270 Win. to a .243 WIn. and I am convinced it does more tissue damage and has more shock than my .270Win. I am sure it is cause a .270 Win. is just much bigger than we need for deer. After a while bigger is not better. I think the smaller calibers with the new deer bullets are better killers than the larger calibers. My ...270 Win. puts them down a little faster with a shoulder shot. They drop right there, when they run 30 yds with a .243 Win shoulder shot. However , I have seen the .243 WIn puts them down faster when it goes through the heart/ lungs , and even kidney shots drop them faster than my .270 Win/ 130 gr. No?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23