Thank you, gentlemen....

Tom, I have my 270 zeroed with 130 gr. Nosler Partitions right now, but I may try some 150s as well. I haven't shot anything with 150s out of the 270 in quite some time, but they might offer certain advantages, especially on some of the bigger animals such as zebra. Have you ever tried Swift A-Frames in your 270?

Bob, I was reading some O'Connor ODL articles from the late '60s/early '70s entitled, 'Those One-Rifle Safaris' (Jan. 1970), 'The 270 On African Antelope'(March 1967), 'Rifles In Africa' (Feb. 1971). All of them are classic, nuts & bolts common-sense, must read articles.

I've also been reading Jobson's 'The Classic Magnums' (Sports Afield/March 1973), as well as Amwell's 'The Best of John Jobson'.

Currently my 375 H&H is zeroed with 300 gr. Trophy Bonded Bearclaws. I have two 1.75-6x Leupold scopes (one with the Standard Duplex, and the other with Leupold's Heavy Duplex) for this rifle, both in detachable scope rings from Tom Burgess. For these Echols milled from scratch (out of special, heat-treated steel) custom scope bases, and they are fitted so perfectly and so precisely that those scopes go back to zero every time.

The open sights are from EAW and they are screwed and soldered to the barrel, and perfectly zeroed for 50 yds.

All I have to do is come up with a solid load that hits in the same place, and I'll be in business.

I've been on the phone with Nosler as well as Echols concerning ammunition options, and it's entirely possible that I'll try some of Winchester's new Safari ammo with 300 gr. Nosler Partitions as well as Nosler's new solid, and these loads are engineered (so they say) to have the same POI.

I'm also interested in Hornady's new solid and soft point ammo, and as soon as I can get my hands on some of it, I'll be testing it on paper.

I'm also considering loading 300 gr. Swift A-Frames, which shoot very well in my rifle, plus Woodleigh solids.

This is the part of testing that I really enjoy: New ammo rather than new rifles in new calibers.........

AD