I haven't decided on bullets just yet, but as the weather improves, I plan to do a lot of shooting, on paper as well as over the chronograph. I've got 375 H&H ammo ready that's loaded with Trophy Bonded solids & softs, as well as Nosler Partitions and Swift A-Frames. I have some 300 gr. TSXs on hand, and I plan to order some Woodleigh solids as well as Barnes solids.

I've not considered going the 270 gr. Barnes route, but that's an interesting idea that deserves some inquiry and some serious thought. I'm glad you brought it up!

For the 270, I've got it ready to go (if I get pressed for time) with my favorite 130 gr. Nosler Partition loads, but I plan to experiment a bit with other bullets, including 140 gr. & 150 gr. Swift A-Frames, 130 & 140 gr. TSXs, as well as 140 & 150 gr. Nosler Partitions.

As I found out a long time ago, the 270 Win. is really a handloader's cartridges if you want to get the most (in the way of complete performance) out of it.......

AD

"The placing of the bullet is everything. The most powerful weapon made will not make up for lack of skill in marksmanship."

Colonel Townsend Whelen