7mmRem,

Sorry for your experience but don't you think a major part of the problem is your custom gunsmith? confused If he didn't know that the wrong parts were in your action, what the heck was he doing making custom rifles? mad What kind of custom gunmaker does not test fire his work especially in a DGR - calibre? crazy I'd stay right away from him.

Whilst not the greatest, I have 2 MRC actions from their Charter Special days & they are certainly functional and one in particular shoots rather well. They need finishing but are otherwise sound and they did try to accomodate your changes of mind. I don't know why you are upset at MRC but not your gunsmith. He's the "REAL" turkey!

Dan - totally agree with you on the MRC barrels. Mine was supposed to be hand lapped, match grade. It's a POS. It may have been pointed at a lap but none ever went through the barrel. Verified with a bore scope. Never again.

I have not heard that MRC are in trouble & I hope they are OK. They provide a good alternative for the custom gun trade.

Regards
JohnT