Originally Posted by 7remmag

I contacted my custom gunsmith and told him to please return the original action to MRC for another one that could be chambered for a 375 H&H. I was told all they had to do at MRC was change out parts.

As far as I know it is nothing more than a magazine swap. Your "custom sunsmith" couldn't handle that?

First day at the range the gun does not feed or eject correctly. I called custom gun maker and MRC and I am told to send rifle back to MRC to find out that the wrong follower is in the rifle.

Your "custom gun maker" never test fired it, or checked it for function??

Rifle is shipped back to me and I go to the range again and the same problem arises. I call custom gun smith and send it to him.

He polished ejector blade, ejector blade needed to be polished. Sends gun back again. Take it to the range the following Sunday and the gun does the same thing. Ejector blade is destroyed,bent beyond belief. I send it back to my custom gun maker again and he said that the ejector was longer, wider and thicker than what the two MRC long actions he has in his shop now. Once again the wrong piece.

Again, you have the "custom gun smith" work on it, and he sends you back a rifle that he obviously STILL is not function checking. Not only does he not bother to check his own work before sending it back, he doesn't even know which parts are "wrong".

I am now waiting for my 375 to come back from the custom gun maker(again!)and hopefully for the last time.

If it were me, yep, it WOULD be the last time this so-called "custom gun maker" ever touched any rifle of mine.

I would NEVER DO BUSINESS with their(MRC) company again. My personal opinion...It's JUNK!

Their quality control is horrendous.

Sounds like you are mixing up MRC with your hack of a gunsmith.

How many times are you going to send something to a "custom gun maker", only to have him tell you that he fixed it, but obviously is not checking anything? How much have you paid this joker? HIS quality control is non-existent.

Nope, your rant here is misdirected. I'd be addressing this with the guy that kept telling you he fixed it, yet kept returning faulty work, not the maker. Then I'd be finding a new gunsmith.