Well, I try my hardest not to respond to some of these but this one I think I have to.

For everyone who has had a problem in the past before I took over, I can't really do a whole lot about that. If I can make it up to people who have a bad experience I will.

Steelhead, you are an example of something that happened from someone who is no longer here and I have offered to make it up to you if you should ever look at us again.

If anyone else is in the same scenerio, all you would have had to do is call me and we could talk about it like men, and fix the issue, not get on a website and do this?

As far as the original poster, well Steve you just can't please everyone. But since you are so inclined to tell your side I think it is only fair that we tell ours?

There was an action ordered for a 7mm Rem Mag, that was shipped to a gunsmith. The rifle came back to us from you after it had gone to your gunsmith because as we were told there was an issue with your follower. The rifle came in and since we had just changed our follower design we put a new one in and sent it back. I was never told of any other issues other than it needed a different follower. Then we get an email about the ejector not working. When I recieved the pictures of the ejector there is NO DOUBT whatsoever about how it happened. Someone had taken the extractor, bolt stop and extractor ring off the bolt and then put the bolt back into the receiver. Then not understanding the functions of the action tried to pull the bolt out of the receiver. Well without the extractor ring on the bolt the ejector will pop up into the slot on the bolt, keeping the bolt from coming out of the receiver. The only way you can get that out is by pushing the ejctor down as you pull the bolt back. But without knowing this someone hammered it out which is exactly how the ejector got bent and looks. When I explained this, I was told about the feeding issues, which was the FIRST time that I had been told there was a problem with that. Then I was told that the order was supposed to have been changed to a 375 H & H, but NOWHERE is there any confirmation of that. There are NO notes, there is NOTHING on the order, No Fax, No email, NOTHING. So the action had been shipped to your gunsmith as a 7mm rem mag set up and it was built into a 375 H & H, well at this point I offered to change out the parts to make it work as a 375 H&H properly and was told no thanks, that you would rather do your smear campaign and call the BBB, and go through the extent that you have on here and other forums.

Well I can't do anything about your experience, it happened and I wish that it could have been taken care of differently. Would I still exchange the parts out, you bet, not a problem.

Well there is always two sides to story.

As to the gentleman who said he knows my dad and that my dad told him that he taught Dan Lilja everything he knows...? Are you kidding me? My dad and Dan are good friends and Dan has taught my dad a lot. You probably heard it the other way around and and mistook what he was saying or he misspoke what he meant or it was a joke of some sort. I think that if any of you called either of them they would tell you the same thing, they are friends and they help each other out when they need it. As are all the barrel manufacturers.
I'm not going to try and go into everything here, but please, if you have an issue call me up and we can talk about it. Some of the guys on here that have valid complaints have called me up and we dissused them and if we fixed them great if not we did what we could do to make it right. One thing my dad taught me was that sometimes you have to swallow your pride and understand that you don't know everything and mistakes happen, maybe you need to learn that? (oh and yes I can get a little hot-headed, but after losing my daughter this summer I have learned to look at priorities a little different, it really doesn't do me any good to get mad at people, things happen and you just have to live with it).

Well I hope I have explained some things here and I am always open to phone calls and even suggestions.
God bless.
Jeff

PS. I just spoke to your gunsmith (who is a good guy by the way) and he is on the same page as I am. So I think that a lot of this may be either fabricated or just trying to pit us against each other?

Last edited by JSMT; 09/22/08.