Originally Posted by 7remmag
Originally Posted by Bruzer
Where were all of these threads before I bought my 264WM? You folks are making me afraid to shoot it and just list it on Gunbroker.

I hope my experience is better is all I can say. I do know that once I got the correct follower and mag box the rifle feeds like butter.

I guess we'll see.

Robert

I don't understand your original post. Did you get the wrong follower from your gunsmith? If so that is the same answer I got from MRC when I had the wrong follower in my gun, coincidence? If that is not it I don't understand what you mean.

7RM,

I bought the rifle used from a member here. I got it home and tried to cycle rounds and they wouldn't cycle. I called MRC and Shane and Mike(Gunsmith) figured out that whoever built the rifle originally had ordered a 375H&H action and then installed a 264WM barrel...So the mag box,follower,bolt stop and extractor are all set up for a 375H&H....I ordered the 264WM box and follower first to see if it would feed and extract without sending in the bolt to have the extractor replaced.....Luckily it did and feeds and ejects smoothly.

This is a pic of the 375H&H Mag Box/Follower on the left and the new 264 set up on the right.

[Linked Image]

This is the bolt.....As you can see the bolt is for a 375H&H length but works for the 264WM. Jeff said that if I ever want to change the bolt stop and extractor out just to send it in. I may get it re-barreled into a 375 at some point so I'm trying to leave it as is and keep the 375 mag box and follower.

[Linked Image]

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"