Catching the tail end of this rant, but just wanted to give my experience with MRC. After talking with JJHack about his MRC actions, I ordered a barrelled action from MRC.

I had a couple email interactions with Jeff at MRC and found the customer service to be excellent.

Before the actions was shipped, I got a phone call telling me about having to do some extra work to help with the reliability of cycling the action and extraction and said that the work was done and it worked flawlessly but apologized for the delay (about 1 week IIRC).

Upon arrival of the barelled action (late spring this year), I found the workmanship to be top rate. I placed the action in a stock, added my bases and placed a scope. During load workup, with 140g VLD (6.5x284), my third weight charge with H4831SC I got a nice 1/4 MOA cluster at 200 yards. I found cleaning of the barrel to be easy (not rough) and load development almost too easy(rifle looney).

Since that original development, I have worked up a load with 160g Woodleighs which I recently found my load with Magnum that shot 1/2 MOA at 300 yards.

Needless to say, I have found this barelled action and customer service through Jeff Sipe to be first rate. I personally would not hesitate to buy from MRC again.

My experiences only.

Last edited by kyreloader; 09/23/08. Reason: included when I received action