Originally Posted by JohnT
7mmrem Let's see:

You tell us to buy Dakotas instead of an MRC? Huh, Dakotas cost a lot lot more do they not(if even available). Rather unrealistic comparison. Dakota have had a tough time financially-yet their product is high grade. I'm a RH shooter I have lots of options but my friend is a LH and if not for MRC there is not a lot of options for a CRF action for a custom at a reasonable price.

You seem a very vindictive type of person. If MRC go under its nothing to celebrate.

Hopefully, MRC will reply with their side of this story. Hopefully, you will get your money back from MRC. But at least have the guts to ask for your money back from your gunsmith too.

7remmag in your dealings it does not seem that you are a fair person. Like I said you got what you deserved.

Regards,
JohnT

Once again I guess you did not read the entire post. I did not only say Dakota's I also said Ruger and Winchester Model 70. All with " CRF " As for Dakota's it is as easy as picking up the phone and placing an order. Maybe that is hard for you to do down under. I also have a Dakota 76 that I had built from them when they were in bankruptcy. I put up serious money at that point and I didn't not only get a gun back i got a machine that works flawlessly.
What do you consider a resonable price? things that don't work or function correctly? If you are looking for a great little deal you should try a garage sale. You are still failing to remember when the gun went back to Montana the first time for the follower issue they didn't check anything. They just put a new follower in it and sent it right back out the door. The had it twice and the second time it was still wrong from MRC after speaking with Jeff ( which I have said before ) I was told that the wrong bolt stop, bolt ring, and spring were in that action. They never changed it when it got sent to them the first time.
Trust me I am not in the business of throwing away money.
Going back to Winchester or Ruger, you talk about price, between $500 - $800 for a Ruger or Winchester. Not much more than an MRC action and they just work.
You also say I am a vindictive person? In the states here we have a saying you "F*** with the bull you get the horns."

Last edited by 7remmag; 09/18/08.