I have two MRC's, happy with both. Bought the first one in 04, a 358 Norma and just got the second one in July, a 308 Norma. Both are stainless, and both do have that stainless roughness to them. Dont think I will ever notice it if I have to cycle a round in a hurry, but just enough that it is noticable on the bench.

The 308 did take 2 months longer than anticipated. Jeff did email me right back each time I asked when it was finally going to be ready. The second time, he explained that they only had one gunsmith and he could only do so many a day, and told me where mine was in line. Gave me his number and told me to call any time I felt the need to. After that email, the gun was ready pretty much when he told me it was going to be. He even emailed me and said he packed it up himself to be shipped.

The finish on this one seems a little better than the first one. The barrel stamping on the 358 looks like someone hammered it out with a punch set individually, the letters are not all lined up or spaced consistently. The 308 looks like it was laser engraved, it has a much more professional look to it. Really, all of the lettering on the action looks more professionaly done than the first one.

Both guns shoot great, and dont seem to foul up too quickly. The last 3 times I have had the 308 at the range, it has shot less than 1/2 inch with pretty boring consistency.

I myself like them. In 04, 3 of us ordered our barrelled actions while we were in Iraq. The other 2 guys are happy with their guns as well, havent heard any complaints about them. I will most likely buy another one next year once I figure out what oddball round I want to tinker with.

I understand how some of you guys feel. I have only owned one M-70, and it was a POS from the get go. It went back to the repair center 3 times, and it never came back right, rounds wouldnt chamber fully with out slamming the bolt down, hard. The last time it came back, it looked like a 6 year old took a dremel tool to the feed ramp. I called the repair center and they said that it was fixed and they would not accept it again. I will never own another M-70 again. There aint enough people on the planet to convince me that it is a good rifle, whether they solve their quality control issues or not. Thats how I feel and I understand how some folks feel about MRC.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!