Originally Posted by JohnT

Originally Posted by BobinNH
First and foremost,the fact that he "changed his mind" in going from a 7 RM to 375 H&H has absolutely NOTHING to do with the entire issue;it is, as we say in the law a "red herring",or an issue the other side to an argument tries to make important but which is, in fact, immaterial.This is akin to blaming victims for the "crime" imposed on them. The man paid for a 375;he should get what he paid for.To suggest otherwise is absurd.

This argument of yours I cannot understand? So if you agree to buy a Ford V6 car and park it in a garage so it is not used and 10 months later after an overseas trip change your mind and think you need more power and want a Ford V8. That's OK and the supplier should go ahead and replace the engine for nothing. That is your logic? I think some credit should be given to MRC for agreeing to help 7mmrem. It's unfortunate that it did not work out but then go back to your first point and remind yourself what you have let yourself in for.

Cars? Engines? Unless I missed something in the story, he was wanting to build a gun. But in using your references it would be more like wanting to build a custom car and ordering a crate V6 engine for it. After it arrives, you decide you need a V8 and make the contact to return the smaller engine. And who said anything about wanting it free? The problem is they put V6 pistons in his V8 and didn't have sense enough to figure out what was wrong.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan