Hello Jorge,
Well, the bad news is that my reloading range book has gone missing, likely with the move to the farm last November. The good news is that in my .405 WCF notebook, I found the research notes on the North Fork 300 grain loads of interest.

One of the dozens of places where I researched possible .405 loads was the Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading 7th Edition, which had loads using VVN133, H 4895, aand AA 2015. All their listed .405 loads used Hornady 300g FP or SP bullets. I first tried the 4895 loads with mediocre results and then tried the VV N 133 loads - following the NF formula of how to use less powder than for other bullets (.93 x other bullet load grains = NF load), I computed the average velocity increase per grain to calculate loads from 2000 fps to 2400 fps.

The plan was to start at the low end and work up until reaching 2400 or until the rate of velocity increase per grain approached zero. At 2250 fps the velocity gain began to drop slightly. Since this is the 1895 design velocity for 300g bullets and these loads shot to the same 100 yard point of aim as the factory 300 g Hornady ammo, I stopped right there at 51.6 grains of VV N133. I did fire the loads of 53.4, but the velocity gain continued to diminish and the velocity standard deviation increased beyond acceptable. I just discovered that I still have the 55.8 grain loads and will not fire them, but will pull the bullets and recycle the components.

I also tried the Ramshot TAC with the NF bullets and at 2100 fps had an extremely accurate load with an almost zero STD for 5 shots. However, after this, the velocity gain and STD degraded before reaching my velocity goal, so the remaining rounds were recycled.

BTW, if this does not help you with all those old, unused NF bullets, you can ship them to me and I promise to load them and to think kindly of you every time I take down a critter with them.

PS I agree with your tag line.
PSS Pics of NF CPS, a 1500 pound water buffalo, smiling hunters.
http://www.northforkbullets.com/magento/blog/?p=204
Makes a beauty of a cartridge and shoots through stuff.

Last edited by crshelton; 08/21/10.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/