Now that the weather is better I want to start shooting my 405 win 1895 again.I saw an interesting scout scope mount for model 94 and marlin 336 rifles.It replaces the rear site and is a rail mount for scout scopes.I wish this was made for Win 405 1895s.I have trouble with peep sites and iron sites past 50 yards .I think my eyes are getting like Teddy Roosevelts.I am looking for more bullets to shoot.I want to try the 400 gr bullets but dont want to blow my gun up.I think its the .410 400 gr Hornady bullet.I didnt know if Woodleigh bullets made one or not.The Woodleigh bullets are way better for hunting than hornady bullets.Has any one used bertran brass.I have some hornady only 50 pcs but I am buying some bertram brass.My hornady brass shows the bullet in the brass a slight ring.I have not had this with any other caliber I loaded.They shot fine but it looked weird.With the kick ease pad on my 405 its fun to shoot.I just run out of loads to shoot.I wish winchester would sell the nickel placed brass .It looks cool and is better than the hornady brass.Hornady needs to get off their behinds and make miore 405 brass.It is only made once a year is a small quanity.I finally found some brass after a long search.I gotta find some bullets now.I shot up most of my Nosler 41 mag 210 gr bullets and my 41 mag 210 gr hornady xtp bullets.They are a blast to shoot.I will try some 300 gr hornady bullets.I noticed Hornady is only loading one kind if 300 gr bullet now.With a good recoil pad this rifle is a big pussycat to shoot.I shot my friends 405 one day then my 416 rem mag then his 470 capstick.I now know my limit the 470 capstick is too much without a muzzlebreak.I am really glad I bought my Teddy Roosevelt 1895 405.I hope I get to hunt with it this coming year.This is a very interesting old rifle to play with that has alot of history behind it.You should read African Game Trails by Teddy Roosevelt to hear about his hunts with the 1895 405 Winchester its awesome!!!