Jorge: There is a following for the 1871 Buffalo Classic H&R that has both the 38-55 and the 45-70 available in a 32" barrel. I've owned one in the 45-70 it is a cheaply made rifle but I admit it is accurate. Like any firearm if you shoot it enough taking the time to learn where to hold at different ranges it will usually hit where you point it.
I use a Lyman rear peep along with a Lyman front globe sight. There are two different diameter holed peeps that can be screwed in depending the range/light/etc. and I've had 2 diameters more machined to fit. The front globe has an array of inserts for the same reason.
The group of us that get together to shoot strive to keep it as simple as possible, it realy isn't rocket science, a heavy dose of black powder under a heavy enough bullet to aide in bucking wind drift. I like my buddies are always tinkering with different mixes for our cast bullets always searching for just the perfect mix if there truely is a perfect mix. I also shoot jacketed bullets as do each of the others save one member of our group whom edges on what he calls "trueism" to the call. Basically we keep it fun.
If you are serious in learning more I suggest the SASS website and Bulleting Board forums there you will find many posters whom know a hell of a lot more than I do about the sport.