Originally Posted by burner
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by burner
Originally Posted by KFWA
....keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

I don't think they envisioned "straight" being translated as it applies to homosexuality but its pretty much intended that way in the broader picture.

However I don't believe a homosexual is any more likely to victimize a scout as a heterosexual would - unless they are Catholic priests or Penn St football coaches.

Therein lies the problem.

You might have felt a lot safer letting your son hang out with Jerry Sandusky because he was "married, had kids, a family man, etc," than letting them hang out with a homosexual person.

Which would have been wrong?

Jerry may have been married but I'm sorry you do a real poor job of painting him as a heterosexual.

Nobody thought he wasn't until all this stuff blew up.

I'm not defending gays or pedophiles, here. Just pointing out that someone who most people would think of as a great role model for their kids was actually not, and was harmful on top of it.

Just like the hundreds or thousands of a-holes trying to pry their way into the BSA would be. The other thing is the boys in the Scouts are much younger and much more susceptible to this crap. Anyone one trying to sell the heterosexuals abusing boys BS must think we're to dumb to be breathing air on earth.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 06/07/12.

NRA Lifetime Member