Originally Posted by MacLorry

Originally Posted by DocRocket
Like I said before, if you want to ban gay scout leaders because it's a moral affront to the BSA, that's justifiable. But if you want to ban them to "protect the children" you're talking through your hat.

If you're saying many gay men are not attracted to teenage boys then you don't know what you are talking about or you're blowing smoke. Gays aren't fooling anyone with their distractions about not being attracted to young children and how bad heterosexual men are, the issue is gays getting access to adolescent boys.

I'm not interested in perpetuating a non-argument... but I am unable to find any logical connection whatsoever between my statement and your reply.

I have stated TWICE now that, except to homophobes, who by definition are not capable of rational thought or reasoning about anything to do with homosexuality, the sexual orientation of a scoutmaster is NOT THE PROBLEM.

GIVING PEDOPHILES ACCESS to kids IS the problem.

As long as you're obsessed with the sexuality of scoutmasters, you are wasting energy and resources that could and should be directed toward finding out who the pedophiles are and getting them the hell out of the BSA, the schools, and kids' sports.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars