Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Burner, thank you for the links..... Goes along with my position of not having the ultimate "right" answer but knowing that statements like homosexuals no more likely to exploit others or the often parroted one about 10% of the Worlds population are homosexuals are the result of PC indoctrination not honest research methods.

No problem. I am pretty sure the 1-3% term is much more accurate than the 10% estimate of homosexuals, but to be honest, that 1-3% certainly get enough airtime to make you FEEL like it's 10% of the population.

My gut feeling is that the studies that pedophilia is a brain disorder are right. Think about it this way -- if you as a normal heterosexual male saw ANY naked child, would you be aroused? NO. So, people that are aroused by naked children are obviously organically different than you and I, and therefore, it's something quantifiable that could be tested for and possibly even medicated or surgically corrected.

As a parent, I hate pedophiles like I hate cancer. But I also hate rhetoric and faulty logic. smile

Thanks for being interested in having a reasonable discussion and being open to factual research on a highly-charged topic.