I had girls, not boys, so Boy Scouts wasn't an issue for me, and I don't know much about it.

But suppose I were a homosexual pedophile, and I thought the Boy Scouts might be a good source of victims.

Two scenarios.

First scenario: the Boy Scouts don't allow homosexual troop leaders. I apply to be a troop leader, sign all the paperwork that states I'm not a homosexual pedophile, and proceed to victimize Boy Scouts.

Second scenario: the Boy Scouts allow homosexual troop leaders, but (of course) ban pedophiles. I apply to be a troop leader, sign all the paperwork that states I'm not a homosexual pedophile, and proceed to victimize Boy Scouts.

Mmm--I don't see much of a difference there. Do you? My take would be that finding ways to prevent homosexual pedophiles from becoming troop leaders should be much more important than fiddling with the bylaws.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867