This new America is truly something.
Here, on a site filled largely with presumably socially conservative males, we have people actually attempting to debate whether a male, who openly professes to be sexually attracted to other males, is more of a threat in a leadership position to teenage males, either physically, emotionally, morally, (or yes spiritually for those so inclined), than a male who does not profess attraction to males?!? Dear God help us.

Yesterday I was leaving a business meeting after work and sitting in traffic on a downtown street that I've never been going slow enough on to really notice any of the businesses. Traffic was at a dead stop and I looked at my phone to see an email from this thread pop up. Interesting timing as seconds later I see this 'guy' trotting (only way to describe it) up the near side sidewalk. I immediately saw the guy and thought "gay". Then even I checked myself and thought "Am I being unfair and judgemental just because of the way the guy dresses and his physical mannerisms." That thought didn't last long as he immediately went into a business. I looked up at the sign with the rainbow logo and saw the establishment was called "The Gayborhood" Under it was the tag line "Yellow pages for the gay community" or some such. My very next thought was one short generation ago such a thing would not only have never existed but just the concept would have been laughed off as bad science fiction. Yet many if not most and surely many here would defend the existing of such an establishment and the outward expression ('pride') of unnatural sexual proclivities as actually 'progress'. Now we are debating whether homosexual men should be held up as leaders amongst the young men in the Boy Scouts? What "progress" this country has made and continues to make... frown sick cry

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me