Contrary to what people think, there are a lot of folks who are gay who are involved in Scouting...I know of many here locally...

the big difference however, is they do not openly advertise it or act like it is a badge of honor...nor spend a lot of time calling attention to themselves over it...

I doubt if locally is any different than elsewhere nationwide...

So there is a lot of 'look the other way' attitudes.... most of the ones I know, serve in peripheral support roles, honoring the desires of BSA that it not be made open or public...

but of course radical liberals and the gay proud crowd act all offended when being gay and lesbian isn't glorified, or promoted as a legitimate acceptable life style in our society.....

and face it, well funded liberals are going to keep hammering at BSA, until they fold or they make BSA adapt to their radical ideas...

lets remember that the Gay/Lesbian crowds got the City of Philadelphia to out the age old lease on the Local Council HQ from $1 a year, to charging several million a year, the commercial value of the property...

Gay and Lesbian Radicals still would not back down when the Philly Council pointed out that would destroy their budget where they allowed 20 thousand plus underprivileged kids to go to summer camp for free...

The press sure covered that battle with favorable support for the Gay/Lesbian crowd...however when public press forced the city to return the $1 a year lease price to the BSA Council, so that all of these underprivileged interurban to go to camp...

However, the liberal media unceremoniously declined to cover the reversal of that decision at all, much less with the same enthusiasm...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez