The BSA will eventually cave in to the homosexual issue just as they have caved in to the female Scout Masters.

I say this all the time to anyone who will listen;

"We (adult male leaders) are not here to teach our boys how to go camping. We are here to teach them how to be good men."

How are female Scout masters going to do that?

Straight, male role models are increasingly being removed from the lives of our children.

I know that homosexuals are not necessarily pedophiles but I do not want my boys to have homosexual role models, [bleep] men or butchy women.

Yes, the BSA has been moving away from traditional values. It has also become overly inclusive and lowered the standards on many of it's advancement requirements.

This past winter I had to sign off on the fire building requirement for several young Scouts.

I'd bet most of you remember passing your fire starting test when you were a boy scout. If you were like me you had to build your cooking fire and light it using only one match. Remember?

Not any more.

My oldest sons Scout book list the fire building requirement for second class Scouts as "prepare tender, kindling, and fuel for a cooking fire. Light the cooking fire."

My youngest sons book reads; "demonstrate how to light a fire and a lightweight stove".

The current requirement reads "demonstrate how to build a cooking fire. It is not necessary to actually light the fire to fulfill this requirement."

Can you believe that? They removed the opportunity for the boys to fail, learn from their mistakes, try again, and succeed. Yes I had to sign off that those boys can build a fire. Can they? Who knows? And the worst thing is, those boys don't know if they can really make a fire if their life depended on it.

That's only one example. I could write a book full of others.

As a matter of fact, I think I will...

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775