Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
At one time I was very interested in it but like almost anything where lots of politicians get involved the whole thing is muddled to the point that I believe none of us will ever know this side of Heaven. To me the best book on the issue is Crossfire by Jim Marrs. To those who hate Kennedy...I can't remember his Presidency, though I was a little kid at the time. LBJ was the first I can remember. That was back when being a Democrat didn't automatically equate with a lot of the bad things it does today and both sides of my family were conservative southern Democrats. When I was growing up, I was around a lot of people like this and Kennedy was a hero to them. It was only later after a lot of stuff came out about him, maybe true and maybe a smear campaign, that his reputation suffered. Looking at his relatives, it doesn't look good, but looking at how the press is used to propagandize us, who knows?

Another thing is this, to those who say it doesn't matter, that's kinda like Spanky and some others who call the Birther issue one of no consequence.

I've stood behind the fence, stood on the "X" where he was shot, stood on the grassy knoll and in the sniper's nest. The shot foisted on the public is doable but not as good as several others. Our own government has had at least three big investigations of the whole thing, not even counting several others including Garrison's tertiary one. It was only the conclusion of the Warren Report that Oswald acted alone. The House Select Committee on Assassinations stated that Kennedy met his death at the hands of Oswald and at least one other shooter, unless I'm mistaken. Then they claimed no conspiracy! The investigation done during Clinton's tenure claimed conspiracy.

Charles Harrelson a Texas contract killer who died in prison a few years back, claimed that he killed Kennedy. Some researchers believe he was one of the three tramps detained by police in the rail yard after the shooting.

Personally, I think Oswald was a patsy and didn't even shoot at Kennedy. Those that ask how a secret could be kept all these years are asking the wrong question because it's not a secret. There were plenty of witnesses that said other people were there and shooting that day. Strangely, the mortality rate for these folks, something like 80 individuals, IIRC, was much, much higher than that of the general public.

Costner's JFK wasn't the first movie made about the incident. There was also, Executive Action with Burt Lancaster, made about 1975, IIRC.