Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Raisuli
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Raisuli

It doesn't make sense to you because it doesn't comport with what you want to believe is true. I do not know if a supervisor was even on scene when Oswald was arrested. And there is no way in hell I will believe any cop, regardless of rank, is going to facilitate the escape of a murderer of a brother officer. That is stuff of fallacy and fantasy. It just wouldn't have nor will it ever happen. Period. End of story.

Moreover, your thesis doesn't make sense because if a Dallas supervisor facilitated the escape of a murderer of one of his brother officers, it would mean that that supervisor was in on the conspiracy. That I do not believe.
When you speak of policemen, you come across as naive to the point of being childlike. Have you seen the movie, based on the real story, Serpico? Police corruption is, and always has been, extremely common. In Serpico, his corrupt partners arranged for him to be killed by a drug dealer.

TRH,

You can allege I am naive, but to believe what you want me to believe would mean that Dallas PD was in on the conspiracy. That I do not believe.

Here is what I do know is factual: there is an inverse correlation between number of conspirators and ability conceal a conspiracy. The more people who know what happened the less secure the secret.

You gotta get beyond Serpico. It was a film with elaborate use of artistic license. To extrapolate from a single movie pandemic corruption is, well, naive.
The DPD could have been in on it. You don't have to believe that to justify their treatment of Oswald and the Tippet portion of the case though. Also, for the DPD to be involved there would only have to be a couple of guys and not the whole department. If they weren't involved, all the beat cops had to do was think they had the right guy. That was what everybody was told. What is difficult to believe about that?

When Oswald was arrested, was he in possession of the handgun that was used to murder Officer Tippit? What if any statements did Oswald make to the arresting officers about the murder of Officer Tippit?

Let's assume that a few cops within Dallas PD were in on the conspiracy, and to further the conspiracy they issued orders that other cops knew would have facilitated the escape of a murderer of one of their brother officers. How long would you suppose cops within Dallas PD would have kept that silent?